Wetherspoons, Llandudno

Wetherspoons-Llandudno-picture.jpg

Looking towards the Great Orme from the side of probably Llandudno’s most popular pub; The Palladium, run by JD Wetherspoon.

Formerly the Palladium Theatre, it was built in 1920 and had 1500 seats in the stalls and also two balconies. After World War 2 the Palladium functioned principally as a cinema, until 1972 when it was split… with a bingo hall occupying the stalls and a 600 seat cinema above. Following its closure in 1999 the building was taken over by Wetherspoons and opened as it is today in 2001.